Re: Re: Re: bso - who's going?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by K on December 30, 2002 at 11:45:27:

In Reply to: Re: Re: bso - who's going? posted by Rick Denney on December 30, 2002 at 10:19:57:

Oddly enough the orchestra list has a thread, where a convincing point was made:

Orchestras need business managers, that understand something about music.

Normally I will stay out of threads like this one. However all the recurrent threads on the current topic have implicitly transmitted the rather clear information, that some prominent US orchestra has a game of personalities running somewhere around its brass section.

I know no names and do not want to. But it appears like the obvious candidates have had experiences, that do not re-attract them to the fifth, or is it the 9th, round of pre-selection games. And I guess, that not even one more figure in the salary would make one of the most desired persons go, where someone might want him/her to.

The good side of the net is, that it gives some persons more or less good foundations for having opinions. The bad side is, that some persons use their options to out their opinions.

Being such some person with a strong political twist and a tendency to take a very distant view on distant ongoings:

Klaus

PS: Many decades ago a TV feature was made of some prominent US orchestra. It then boasted to make "behind the curtains" auditions. A feature said to be the reasons, that a person with a formerly less accepted "skin condition" had won a very prominent, and unique, position. Simply because she had been the best one on the day.

Would the game of musical chairs with the last 3 or 5 chairs suddenly toppled have happened, if the intra-orchestral precondition had been, that the best performance should point to the winner, the facial features of that winner not excluding the normal test period of 1 or even 2 years?

Follow Ups: