Re: Re: Re: Opinions & suggestions, Please.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on December 29, 2002 at 22:10:50:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Opinions & suggestions, Please. posted by Lew on December 29, 2002 at 09:42:41:

I will concede that the 2103 is a lot closer to the size of a typical 4/4 tuba than a model like the Weril/Yamaha 621. But still, the 2103 is noticeably smaller than the typical 4/4 sized tuba. Combined with its lighter weight, low cost, and good sound, I thought this horn a very logical suggestion. I guess it all depends on how much smaller the original poster wants to go. A horn like the 621 is going to be considerably smaller than most horns and will sound like it too. I'm trying to suggest a horn that still stays close to "normal" in terms of sound while being of a reduced size and weight. This is precisely why I didn't suggest the Miraphone 184. It is also smaller in size and sounds like it. I guess I assumed from the original post that he was looking for a normal sounding horn that wouldn't be so hard on his back. Perhaps an error in assumption but, regardless, the premise from which I proceeded.

My opinion for what it's worth...

Follow Ups: