Re: More Proof that Tuba Folks are the Best!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by THE SON on December 28, 2002 at 04:04:10:

In Reply to: More Proof that Tuba Folks are the Best! posted by Atlanta Tuba Dad on December 26, 2002 at 13:48:07:

Okay, this is quite enough. Too much misunderstanding and board clutter thus far. I will set the record straight.

Carroll, you sent me an email at 7:25PM on Dec. 26 inquiring about how the gig went and I replied to it on Dec. 27 at 1:44 AM. I am not sure why you did not receive my reply but it left my mailbox before you posted a response to my father's suggestion that you email me. If you did not get it, I would be happy to resend it. Sorry for the confusion.

What my father wrote:

Carroll, I have no clue, either about the arrangements or about which "he" you are referring to. An off-list email to the player you have in mind might be the best way to get an answer to that question...

and it seems to be quite sincere. He did not know my contact with Carroll because I acted alone and arranged the players for my Great-grandfather myself. The absence of voice inflection would leave interpretation quick to assume sarcasm or snottiness but I did not view it that way and I am sure he did not either. Again, the only apology I can offer is for misunderstanding because he I'm sure meant no ill will.

To all, the gig went great. Carroll sent me wonderful arrangements that were a little beyond the scope of what I was looking for (read: no rehearsal and play it by ear). The arrangements were for (3) euphonium and tuba quartet and were great arrangements, only about 5 grades too difficult for what I needed. I did express thanks in the email reply (about 7 hours after the email was sent to me). I ended up getting the aforementioned musicians and inserting myself at the end to play some Christmas tunes for a 93 year old retired minister whose first name is my middle name. Thanks to all who expressed interest in the gig and hope everyone has a Happy Holiday Season!

Follow Ups: