Re: Marching horns for Tuba Christmas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on December 07, 2002 at 16:32:21:

In Reply to: Marching horns for Tuba Christmas posted by Lew on December 07, 2002 at 15:04:59:

There are more reasons than the big wet one, that I will not take part in a TC celebration. We have had them here, but not any longer.

I know a tiny bit about religions and sects. The smaller the sect, the more fiercely it defends the borderlines to its environment.

Would there be a profound problem in the recognition of the smaller conical brasses being members of the same family as the tuba?

The bell direction is telling nothing of the family roots of any instrument.

Behind me sits a Kanstul marching baritone in G. Which is not even remotely a trombone in disguise. If its player managed to read one part or another from the official TC music, should such an instrument then be banned? After all the signature instrument for the TC events is rather bell-fronted, even if its players may behave less than optimal.

It would love to take part in a TC celebration, because it is about joining low conical forces. Of course trombones should not be there, but so should'nt segregation within our own community.

Klaus

Follow Ups: