Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Where's the tuba?!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe Baker on December 05, 2002 at 12:51:37:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Where's the tuba?!! posted by Rick Denney on December 05, 2002 at 12:19:44:

Shucks, Rick, that's just like the digs at UT that everyone there was a commie or a hippie (except that there are people who actually BELIEVED that one), or that everyone at SMU was a silver-spooned trust-funder, or that everyone from Arkansas was a back-water hick (no, wait - isn't that one true?) It's just part of the inter-collegiate rivalry. Besides, I remember hearing more than a few Aggies asking "What do you call an Aggie two years after graduation? Boss!" Ha ha. It's all good clean fun.

Also, I did some reading on this yesterday, and learned that the 'recently deceased Reveille' thing is a myth; the Reveille at that time was seven years old, and died two years AFTER this. There was concern among Aggies that Rice would parody the funeral (if you don't know about Reveille funerals, don't ask - you don't want to know), which they did not do.

I must say that I also feel some relief to be outside of Texas now, as there WAS sometimes favoritism on the job for people who happened to go to the same school, whichever one that was.

Joe Baker, who hopes Rick knows that I hold him, and most other Ags, in high regard.

Follow Ups: