Re: comfortable holding positions

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by David on December 26, 2001 at 18:40:23:

In Reply to: comfortable holding positions posted by Pip on December 26, 2001 at 02:52:35:

I use a Stewart Stand with my Mirafone BBb S186 - never realized what a difference in comfort it makes, especially during a long rehearsal when the director is working with other sections. The first one I saw in use was in 1998 by the tuba player in a community band I was joining. I got mine about a year later. The Stewart Stand now has very large nylon cable ties covered with urethane(?) foam insulation, whereas the previous version had a leather band that was laced to secure it to the horn. The leather seems more secure, but the cable straps are adequate. The stand secures to the horn in two places, and has a peg - much like a string bass or cello peg with a rubber foot-pad - which can be adjusted up or down for comfort. (The fall/winter 2001 WW&BW catalog show the stand on page 73 being used on a euphonium.) The nice thing about the stand is that I don't have to remove it from the horn - simply release the thumb screws that hold the peg in place, push the peg up and put the horn in the gig bag.

Follow Ups: