Re: Re: ability

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Aubrey Foard on December 19, 2000 at 22:33:20:

In Reply to: Re: ability posted by Aubrey Foard on December 19, 2000 at 00:47:11:

It's not that I don't agree everything that's stated below, and I thank the Mark F, Tom, and Mark M for their input. Certainly, very few high school tuba players can play what I mentioned at the end of their senior year. Gregson and Vaughan Williams are very demanding pieces, true, and even the best high school tuba player won't be able to play them at professional quality. I think I speak for everyone on the board when I say that takes years. Bydlo can certainly be played as written, but you need the right equipment (F tuba (or Euph, if you swing that way)) and a great teacher. The rep that I wrote certainly isn't impossible (I admit to drawing on most of my own experiences) and a truly ambitious high school student who has his or her mind set on performance and has had a year or two private study with a professional, should probably be able to pull these off with a modest amount of success. But, as previously stated, these students are few and far between.

Follow Ups: