Re: Re: CC and BBb

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jmk on August 29, 2003 at 17:51:54:

In Reply to: Re: CC and BBb posted by MP on August 29, 2003 at 07:00:08:

it is true that doing all of that on a Bb is just as worthwhile, but do u disagree that playing on a different keyed tuba opens the player up into possibly being more involved with our great world?
and there are some things that i can do on my CC that i can't do as well on my Bb. for example, the 5th valve helps a lot. now i know that i can go out and get a 5 valved Bb if i really wanted. but there is a lot more choice in 5 valved CC than 5 valved Bb if im correct.
now if we are just talking about switching to CC (with no valve importance) than i say, why not? i don't consider learning CC a waste of time if u r a young student with plenty of time. and i apologize if i wasnt clear on my first post, i was mainly talking about switching while still in high school or college. and of course, if u rnt serious about tuba playing as a youngster and don't plan on continuing to play outside of college or high school, then don't even bother switching. waste of money to even buy ur own Bb in the first place.
this seems like a battle of "why switch if u can do it on Bb?" against "why not switch if u also get the experience on CC?".

Follow Ups: