Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: CC and BBb

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by h tuba on August 30, 2003 at 15:59:52:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: CC and BBb posted by lol on August 30, 2003 at 15:41:35:

Well, at my school every knows me as the tuba player. Maybe its cause I can run cirlces around the other two.. (I mean they can't do simple 1 octave jumps in like say quarts. .Bb to Bb.. etc..) anyway.

I do it for fun, In my spare time i'll get midis of various jinlges and make them work for me then play them in the class or at pep rally's before my director appears.. Everyone loves them.

Im not the greatest highschool tuba my range is only from about a pedal Gg to a C above the staff. .Nots a huge huge range. I still work on expanding that in both directions :).

As for playing CC or F or Eb tuba, I dont' have the money to buy one to begin with and I also have no access. If some handed me a CC tuba and said enjoy, yes i'd learn it but I would by no means by one. I will barely afford buying my own Bb let alone a second tuba.

If you feel the need to transpose go play a trombone part or trumpet etc.. :-p save yourself a few grand.

ok im done rambling,

jacob "big mouth" morgan

Follow Ups: