Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Galliard Bataglia for brass

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian Frederiksen on August 19, 2003 at 10:55:27:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Galliard Bataglia for brass posted by Chuck Jackson on August 19, 2003 at 00:32:41:

Energy??

Should have seen me that night, I was dead! You caught me when I just got there.

You did miss the hot dawg run. Seems the 1/2 pound dog went up to $1.29 but competition arrived next door in the form of a 3/4 pound dawg for $1.49. Add some chili and onions and you got a true belly buster! To top it off, they had 16 oz Margaritas or bottles of cold Heinekens for 99 cents. Yes, the Riviera sucked but after a trip across the street, if you get loaded on cheap drinks, the Riviera looks a lot better!

Did some hotel hopping hitting places that opened up in the last 6 years since I was there. The Venician is incredible along with the Bellagio and Paris. Since it was 110 degrees during the day, I was interested in cooling off. If you find a place close to the fountains at the Bellagio, you'll cool off from the mist. The first thing I saw was a water dance to Copeland's Rodeo - incredible, well worth the free admission. Across the street at the Aladin I got caught in a rainstorm in the middle of the indoor mall - only in Vegas.

The breathing lecture packed the room, about 180 people in a room for 150. The best part was when the blue screen of death came on my computer and it automatically rebooted. I started telling the story of the day this happenned to Bill Gates at COMDEX - I was there and it was really funny. I just kept everyone laughing until it rebooted, even tried selling the computer but no takers.

Finally, to keep the Galliard Bataglia theme. Ever woner what caused NABBA to create the ensemble competition? One year in the solo competition I did the Galliard Bataglia on a double belled euphonium! Was streaching the rules as it was a re-arrangement of the Candian Brass version with 4-5 players. Did both trumpet parts on the double bell. There are those in the brass band world who call NABBA's ensemble competition the Brian rule.

Follow Ups: