Re: Re: Multi-track Recording

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by dave on August 19, 2003 at 01:12:18:

In Reply to: Re: Multi-track Recording posted by Mary Ann on August 18, 2003 at 11:18:27:

Mary Ann,

sounds like you found a winning combination. Have you considered trying the blue tube
preamp along with the AT822 and the MD? Just as a test to see if that is the problem with the previous setup?

Now that you can record your own symphony orchestra, how do you plan to mix all of those tracks into a single recording? I will be interested in your results.

I have been trying to decide on the CD Recorder vs. the high end PC sound card. So far I have been up a few blind alleys (e.g. ProTools, which does not run on any of my win2k or linux boxes), and found lots of software with features that I will never need or use (synthesized sound & rhythm, various kinds of sound effects), when all I want is a basic software mixer with fidelity that matches a high end sound card or CD Recorder, and allows
me to synch and balance multiple tracks.

Tascam also makes a pci sound card, the pci-822, which will take the s/pdif output from the cd recorder or a DAT deck. I know what you mean about reading and still not knowing what is best, but there is also an interesting pdf on the tascam website that discusses the build it yourself or buy it trade-offs. The link is below.

-Dave

-Dave

Follow Ups: