Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tastes...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chuck Jackson on August 06, 2003 at 11:28:29:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tastes... posted by issue on August 06, 2003 at 07:27:41:

I find your anonymity insulting. I am not going to defend myself, nor do I feel a need to. The CSO is a great orchestra, one of my personal favorites. I have seen them 15 times live. If you had bothered to READ my post, my point was that they were one of the worst RECORDED orchestras in history. Live, they were astounding. They had to contiually overblow to be heard on a recording. The main premise of my post was this: "Recordings have swayed sound concept and it ain't going to change". Personally, I think I covered Joe's questions well. I am sorry if you felt that you had to defend Mr. Jacobs. Nothing I said is in the least defamatory. I merely told the truth, something happened to his SOUND, not to his incredible legacy of musicianship or pedagogy. And yes, I think that there are many more orchestras that are better represented on RECORDINGS than the CSO. Please read a closer and let's not have a knee jerk reaction everytime someone doesn't bow at the CSO altar, it's getting tiresome.

Chuck

Follow Ups: