Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: smaller sousa

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on August 31, 2002 at 05:48:06:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: smaller sousa posted by Leve Christania! on August 30, 2002 at 21:42:36:

Just a bit about our exchanges of authors between Norway and Denmark, which were joined in a double monarchy for well over 4 centuries. And about Norway having two languages, where the one, phonetics aside, basically is a Danish dialect.

And of my taking a conductor's course in Norway in 1975, with the later trumpet genius Ole Edvard Antonsen sitting 10 years old with his cornet in the band.

Furthermore about my maternal grandfather being a coach driver (with horses, I am short of terms here) for the Danish prince Carl, who was chosen to be the first Norwegian king after the resurrection of the Norwegian sovereincy a century ago.

Finally about my very close neigbour, who worked 20+ years as an engineer in Norway, but came "home" because of the very strict Norwegian rules on alcohol. Not that he is an alcoholic, but it would be hard to service an illegal still in the nursing home. None of us are in nursing homes. Yet.

Klaus

Follow Ups: