Re: Re: H.S. Brass Bands

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shane on August 29, 2002 at 08:49:50:

In Reply to: Re: H.S. Brass Bands posted by Tony Z. on August 29, 2002 at 07:17:33:

I didn't mean to imply that being a Brass Band Junkie was a BAD thing, I just wanted to let people know that I have no alterior motives, ie; "Taking over the world, one small rural school at a time, HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!"
I think the benefits of playing an instrument are numerous, but it certainly doesn't matter what instrument you play (as you said). Some schools don't have orchestras, like mine, although string instruments are found in most school systems.
Think of all the "problems" you would eliminate by doing away with woodwinds. Individual students would share more instrument characteristics with each other, making it easier to teach(presumably so; I am a first year teacher, so I can't say for sure). Plus it would be a groundbreaking event in our area, Ohio. The main problems I see is finding music to play, getting proper instrumentation, and figuring out what to do with the current woodwinds in the district. I figure I can either give them a mop and a bucket, or send them off to the AgTech class.
I don't know if I have the cahones to do this, just one of many crazy ideas I have. Wait until I unveil my Universal Nontransposing Every Kid Reads The Same Clef System...
Shane

Follow Ups: