Re: Re: Re: Re: Fafner

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by olituba on August 23, 2002 at 12:36:07:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Fafner posted by Rick Denney on August 23, 2002 at 09:34:34:

Hi Rick!
Yes, "even" a hobbyist could make that tuba sound great, as a matter of fact IŽd think allmost as great as any of the big dogs of german BBb-ing. Not because those guys wouldnŽt be able to play properly, but because that instrument plays so easily and so well. As I described it about a year ago, it plays almost as easily as a euph, speaks very quickly and lightly, will take all the air you can give her, if you really want to blow your head off, but thatŽs actually not necessary at all. Just some nice smooth air-stream and a stable buzz, and sheŽll readily do the rest for you. great horn!
Just a few months before the prototype was out I managed to find a very decent Rudy Meinl BBb 5/4 which IŽm really happy with. But the Rudy really takes a considerable amount of work to get used to ant to make her sound as great as she can and to make her play well in tune. The Fafner, however will just sit there, wait for you to provide what she needs - good buzz and a bit of air - and then sound great, play easily and well in tune. The time youŽll have to spend with that horn will only be necessary in order to dicover just how little physical efford you actually need to put into it..
My advice: Go find one you can try out, youŽll fall in love upon first buzz

oli

Follow Ups: