Re: Re: Re: Re: Congratulations, Mason D.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kevin on August 14, 2002 at 01:50:17:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Congratulations, Mason D. posted by it was only a joke on August 13, 2002 at 15:37:09:

First off, I'd like to say a big congratulations to Mason; not only for his achievement, but for marching with a great corps this past year. Now, I've met more than my fair share of inconsiderate and ignorant people in my life, but Mr. John Doe, you certainly take the cake. I read through all your ridiculous posts on this topic; you don't know squat. I'm only slightly going to get into the ignorance you've displayed to everyone on this board. How can you have an opinion about how well Mason plays, when you've never even heard him? It's like the old saying, 'You can't judge a book by its cover.' Except in this case, it's like you haven't even seen the book to judge it. Another thing - I don't know why you keep saying "marching band". Marching bands don't rehearse for 12 hours a day. Marching bands don't spend a couple hours every day (all summer long) warming up efficiently and effectively, actually focusing on making every player in the group a better player. Drum Corps do practice these methods, and they work. I'd like you to see some of the Top 12 div. 1 corps, and then tell us, "I'm not a fan of 'marching bands'". Everything I've learned from being in a Drum Corps the past 2 years, I've been able to apply to my regular playing. Everything that I learned, is the same stuff I'm now learning from world-renowned tuba players...heck, a few of them even came to the rehearsals on a regular basis to teach us (and yes, they are drum corps fans and supporters). The ones that I've spoken to about DC, HAVE told me to join a drum corps if I have the chance. So how about you get your head out of your a**, Mr. John Doe, and try to bring about a sensible and intelligent thought on this board, if that's not too hard for you.
Kudos to Mason for being in one of the best drum corps in the world, rehearsing in a demanding environment all summer long, and still finding time to work on a solo worth giving a first place title to.

Mr. Doe- I hope this board has seen the last of your thoughtlessness for other people, as well as your ability to give your opinion where it isn't wanted or needed.

-Kevin

Follow Ups: