So I bought the CC Tuba - What now?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by AmanGarner on August 08, 2002 at 22:01:58:

I have as a Tuba parent looked at this site with great interest over the last couple of years. My daughter has applied to the University of Texas marching band for this upcoming year. For what it is worth I with her approval, over a year and a half ago decided to look for a Tuba that she could use for the future. Well, two years ago she was a sophomore in high school. She did very well, in fact was the first Tuba player in her school to make the region band in over eight years. She also was selected the Tuba player for the Youth Orchesta of San Antonio. Good stuff, yes! A turn of events happened when she was selected to attend a math and science high school to finish her last two years of high school at the University of North Texas. Unfortunaltly the Tuba fell by the wayside during the last two years, because of her studies. But, she still wanted to have a CC Tuba. So, I searched and bought her one Ebay, one year ago. For the most part she has not touched it. Is is a nice Rudy Meinl rotary 4 valve about 25 to 30 years old. So, during this summer, we borrwed a BB Tuba from a high school teacher, and she used it to audition for the band, she passed and is waiting for the upcomming "Hell Week". My question is, how do I get her interested in learning the CC Tuba that she was so sure that she needed to have?

Follow Ups: