Re: Re: Where will I pratice!!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by new yorker... on September 04, 2001 at 12:42:47:

In Reply to: Re: Where will I pratice!!!! posted by Anthony on August 29, 2001 at 22:47:59:

Either you haven't lived in New York in some time, or you need to email me privately right away with a list of places -- I haven't found a rehearsal space for $100 a week even!! Monthly spaces run from ~$300/month for cramped and ugly to $600 or so, and that's in Brooklyn.

In NYC, rehearsal spaces are most easily had by the hour, for about $20-25/hour. You can often get weekend deals (I get three hours for the price of two where I usually go), but it's not a feasible way to practice daily.

Get used to playing in your little apartment. There are laws and conventions to protect your ability to practice here -- the police don't answer noise complaints until after 10 pm. And if you are a friendly and polite neighbor, you won't have a problem. I play at home, always stop by around 8 pm (I'll go until 9 if necessary, but always warn the neighbors), and I have found that my neighbors almost invariably tell me that they have grown fond of the tuba and will miss my practicing when they move.

Follow Ups: