Re: Re: valve extensions or other remedies

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on August 17, 2001 at 15:15:41:

In Reply to: Re: valve extensions or other remedies posted by Gus Pratt on August 17, 2001 at 14:46:46:

The strength of any of any persons joints is closely related to the muscular power a given person can apply through the given length of a given body limb.

Artificially lengthened limbs will alone from reasons founded in classical laws of mechanics need increased muscular power to be operated. This muscular power can be achieved in a realtively short time of training.

But the likelyhoodd that there will occur excessive stress on ligatures and, even worse, excessive wear on inner joint cartilage is a scarring perspective for anyone ever having experienced arthristic pains (which I have). Especially the persons having experienced those pains from coming from arthristic deformations and decompositions of inner joint material.

I have not experienced such pains, as my arthritis is related to allergy, but I happen to know that the outmostly qualified source of engineering knowledge on this board has some knowledge on this subject. As this person is of a more humble personality than me, I however can not tell whether he will enter this thread cum threath.

To Gus: Your idea might work in the short to middle run of time. If you don’t care for the longer perspectives, then please go ahead.

Klaus

Follow Ups: