Re: Re: Re: Tuba at Dillons

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Lew on August 10, 2001 at 16:00:17:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Tuba at Dillons posted by Nobody famous on August 10, 2001 at 06:47:47:

I am definitely NOT a "somebody" when it comes to music. I am a very amateur tuba player who just happens to enjoy it as a hobby. I have always been treated with respect and courtesy by everyone at Dillon's whenever I have gone there. There are times when I have brought an instrument in for dent work or other minor repairs fully expecting to leave it for a while and they told me to wait and they would do it on the spot. I wouldn't expect them to be able to rebuild a tuba on that sort of schedule, but I appreciate the service that they have provided.

Unfortunately, in the service business it is easy to get swamped when you get a reputation for quality work. I don't blame them for having a waiting list for major services because every repair shop I have spoken to has a backlog of 3 to 6 months or more for anything major. I go back not just because I live less than an hour away, but because they have competitive prices, they stand behind what they sell, and they do good work.

Follow Ups: