Re: Re: Tuba at Dillons

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Nobody famous on August 10, 2001 at 06:47:47:

In Reply to: Re: Tuba at Dillons posted by Steve Dillon on August 09, 2001 at 07:59:24:

It's been my experience that unless you're a "somebody" that Dillon can hang a picture of on his "wall of fame", the service you'll receive is somewhat hit or miss. I'm sure that someone will disagree, but thats been MY experience as a witness to how I and others have been treated.

Everybody's money is the same color and will spend the same. Vote with your feet, (or dollars) as they say. If you're happy with Dillon's service, fine, keep supporting and encouraging it.

Sometimes it seems that people want to say "I bought my horn at store X" or "so-and-so worked on my horn" as some sort of status thing. All I want is a fair price (one that the merchant can make his cut and I don't feel taken advantage of) and some basic respect as someone who is spending the money. I haven't really felt I received this in Woodbridge, NJ.

Respectfully submitted,

A big fish in my own little pond.

P.S.: The letter from Dillon is really a testament to the power of this BBS. Sean is really donig the Tuba/Euph community a great service. Thanks Sean!

Follow Ups: