Re: Gig bags and mutes

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean Chisham on September 03, 2000 at 10:05:12:

In Reply to: Gig bags and mutes posted by Phil on August 31, 2000 at 07:26:48:

I finally bit the bullet and purchased bags for my F and CC tubas. I purchased Dolly Bags on the recommendation of a trusted friend and couldn't be happier. I had used a Reunion Blues bag for years and was happy with it. When I sold my HB-21 the bag was part of the deal.

The Dolly Bags are lined all the way around with thin plastic sheets. These sheets will absorb most of the impacts which cause smaller annoying dents which some people get in gig bags from time to time. It is like carrying a hard case on your back. Personally, I never got a dent with my RB bag, but I was also careful with it. The Dolly Bag is black and the outside shell is cordura. The foam is about 1 inch thick. The side has a very large zipper to a pocket which can accomidate any sized folder you would need. This top loading bag also has a velcro'ed pocket underneath the bell cover which can hold 2 mouthpieces or so. There is also a removable side sling on it so it can be carried over one shoulder. This is handy if you need to carry two horns at the same time.

The bags are around $310 or so from Dolly and take about 1-2 months to be hand sewn. She custom makes each bag to your specs.

sean

Follow Ups: