Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: suggested guidelines

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Flute-spouse on May 02, 2003 at 11:28:57:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: suggested guidelines posted by 'fess'r on April 30, 2003 at 23:41:12:

For the same reason that some flutists think that palladium is the cat's meow or order Kingma-system quarter-tone mechs on their flutes. You'd think that with all of the MUSIC available for solo flute, that the discussion on the flute lists would be about music. You'd think so, but you'd be wrong.

So, there's nothing really unusual about the line of discussion by the denizens on this BBS.

I can actually understand why there is so little discussion about music on this BBS--there isn't a lot of solo stuff for tuba, unless we're talking transcriptions. Mostly, the tuba gets used as a color instrument. And that's fine.

But check in on the flute or trumpet lists and read for yourself. I don't even recall the last time I saw a question about a musical work on the 2xBass list. Lots on pickups, strings and amps, though (You could read for a week and wonder if anyone uses a bow, however).

Maybe there ought to be two BBS-es; tuba-hardware and tuba-music. Musical questions being banned on the first, and hardware questions banned on the second.

Follow Ups: