Re: I was fired from the University of OK.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mary Ann on April 29, 2003 at 09:15:00:

In Reply to: I was fired from the University of OK. posted by Ted Cox on April 29, 2003 at 06:18:12:

I agree with what Rick said. I have also been fired, and it was, in retrospect, a positive turning point in my life.

I received some excellent advice from a friend when I was young....she said, "Mary Ann, go where you are wanted!"

I have learned to walk away from situations where I am not wanted, rather than stay and fight. It's not about winning, it's about being happy. It's about being with people whom you can work with, who are not scheming behind your back, whom you respect and even, yes, love. Your former situation does not sound that way. I understand your concern for your students, but that isn't something under your control; they still have the freedom to find another teacher whom they like, if need be.

Hopefully you will see that this is support for the long run, even if it doesn't appear to be support for the short run. In any case, I hope that you arrive at a resolution that is satisfactory to you.

Mary Ann

Follow Ups: