Re: I was fired from the University of OK.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Paul on April 29, 2003 at 07:58:27:

In Reply to: I was fired from the University of OK. posted by Ted Cox on April 29, 2003 at 06:18:12:

Ted,
I'm very sorry to hear that your administration has acted in an obviously callous and unprofessional manner. I was in a similar situation in my teaching position when I was called in to my administrative office to let go because of staff reductions. In spite of the fact that I was not the least senior member of the department it was decided that I should be the one to go. This was only a week after this same administrator asked me NOT to accept a position at another school because he "valued my contributions to the school".

I was reinstated after many of the students wrote letters of support to the admininstration, but it has been a tough year as the bosses have in turn taking it out on me by messing with my work load and having me tech classes out of my subject area.

I hope that things work out for you.......not sure what your situation is with family etc and moving to a new locale, but with your credentials, maybe it's a sign that there's a position out there that will appreciate your hard work and will give you a fresh start.

Good luck,
Paul

Follow Ups: