Just looking for some input

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Doug Lomax on April 25, 2003 at 10:43:04:

Hey guys,
Once more looking for professional opinions and advice. Im bout to go to college (Blinn) Larry Campbell will be my teacher, man I hope to learn a lot. My sophmore year i played Air and Bouree as my solo, Junior, VW tuba concerto 1st mov. (yes it can be done on a bb tuba, i did it on the schools yamaha 321 before they bought st.pete 202's which are considerably better, i think) This year i played adagio and allegro just because i had to learn something in a week for solo and ensembles cuz state band was right before, and i wanted to go to state in solo and ensemble, so now i've changed to the Concertino for Tuba and Band, man this thing is fun, cadenza's everywhere! Does anyone know where i can find a good recording of this? I've been looking and not much luck. I would like to hear what other musicians have done with somethings in this as to what i am currently doing. Also, does anyone know where i can get the Arban book for tuba? Do they make one? I live in victoria, tx and go to Cuero H.S. there isnt much here as far as tuba goes. Etudes and things i feel are really helping me with things and i know arban is a bible for trumpet players so if its available please let me know. Also if anyone has a good CC tuba they are selling please shed me light on that aspect as well.

Follow Ups: