Re: Re: Re: Re: Awesome CDs and Yorkbrunner for Sale!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt G on April 10, 2003 at 13:49:43:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Awesome CDs and Yorkbrunner for Sale! posted by John on April 10, 2003 at 13:07:08:

Yeah, I know.

That is 'kinda my point. If they could set up a few distributors, i.e. West Coast, East Coast, Midwest it would help sell their brand and encourage some healthy competition. Problems is, however, is that the European companies think that a nation like the U.S. only needs one distibutor. Mainly because a nation in Europe only needs one distributor. The flaw in that thinking is that the biggest country in Europe is about the size of Georgia. Getting from Munich to Switzerland is a little easier than getting from LA to Cleveland.

Like I said preiously, you could get a tuba of that quality stateside, but it would cost you just as much. I hope the seller can move his horn to someone who could use it. I'm within about an hour's drive of this horn and if I had the need and/or the 14k, I would buy it right now, especially considering that those horns are scarce. Remember, Nirschl's are basically made after receipt of order if he is making them at all. And the world's largest manufacturer, Yamaha, is still debating weather or not to bring their monster to market.

Although Custom does put a hefty mark-up on their horns, I'm willing to bet some of it is to carry over the fact that they seem to have one of those beauties in stock. To keep one on the floor is a risky expense.

Matt G

Follow Ups: