Re: Re: Re: Repair estimate

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dean on April 09, 2003 at 19:11:57:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Repair estimate posted by euph mom on April 09, 2003 at 12:29:14:

I would not replace the part, I would repair it. Reason being, the damage is only cosmetic--it does not affect the playing of the horn, nor the sound.

It can be repaired, and will have a minor cosmetic blemish. It should be repaired, because there is a chance that it could break all the way through--potentially a disaster during a performance. It would suck to be in the middle of a recital, and all of a sudden have nothing to hold on to.

If the buyer would choose to actually REPLACE the part to make it "perfect," that is up to the buyer. I will not absorb the cost of replacing the part, because, in my professional opinion, part replacement is not needed to ensure the horn plays well, and that the handle will be structurally reliable. A repair will more than suffice.

I am asking $3300 for the horn. I think this is a fair price, given the overall fine condition of the horn. If you are interested, please email me.

Follow Ups: