Re: A *new* question for Matt Walters...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt Walters on April 07, 2003 at 13:47:40:

In Reply to: A *new* question for Matt Walters... posted by Todd Morgan on April 04, 2003 at 19:06:28:

Todd,
If you have a serious question, you will have to call me at the store or email me directly. Do to increase demands on my time at work and at home, I only look at this list about once a week. Besides, how many times can I stand on a soap box and preach my own observations?
To answer your question: 1) Demand is greater for piston tubas. Therefore, 2) piston tubas are easier to sell. If it doesn't sell, the trickle down theory says I won't get paid. Glad I'm not on commission.

The rotor Buescher is one of my favorite conversions of all times. If that same horn were piston, it would be sold even if it weren't as good as that horn.

Other issues are the wrap of donor horns. The Buescher was a two loop with a large tuning slide in the leadpipe. I could cut the last 6 inches off and be able to get to the rotors without a body branch in the way.

Enough of a detour, repairs await. Oh yeah. I had the webmaster ad a section call "A Note From Matt" on the tuba page. I will try to take a few minutes every other week and write a little note. This time about some special one off horns I ordered and arrived. Maybe next time it will be about a repair where I learned something new. Stop in every couple of weeks and see what I've been up to. Later. Matt

Follow Ups: