Re: Re: Re: band director needs help

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike I on April 06, 2003 at 00:25:59:

In Reply to: Re: Re: band director needs help posted by Rick Denney on April 05, 2003 at 22:07:18:

I have heard and played with some exceptional HS tubists who indeed can indeed make such German vs American sound difference. In fact the kids at my local high schools some of the kids are already buying their own pro level CC tubas as freshman and sophmores. Admittedly, this is in a county that has the second highest average income in the country. BTW, we did not have tuba-tamers. We also didn't haul the horns home since the schools gave us 20j's to keep at home. I did occasionally use to bring the Rudy home to do Dixieland, brass quintet and solo gigs. As far as taxes go I think you often get what you pay for. If you can't afford the best then you shouldn't buy it , but if you can afford it and the community expects the best then go for it. The band in this case regularly had players go on to symphonic careers. Of course it didn't hurt that many of them were the sons and daughters of CSO and Lyric Opera pros.

Follow Ups: