Re: Trying out tubas in NC

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Paul Gramann on April 02, 2003 at 22:00:05:

In Reply to: Trying out tubas in NC posted by N.C. Tuba on April 02, 2003 at 07:44:50:

David,

If you are close to the TE, I think you should go and play what he has in the store. You know how a lot of people feel so you are forearmed. I bought a horn from Vince but I played it in the store in person, I did my homework and knew what was a fair price was and I was satisfied with the outcome.

Call them up and ask what they've got in stock. Tell 'em what you'd like to try and when you'll be by. You never know, they may have just the horn you're looking for. Plus let them know you'll be going to Baltimore too. You may find that you don't like what he's got or you can't reach an agreement on what you like. If so, you can always walk out saying you need more time to think about it and you will have, at least, played some of the horns you're interested in.

Read the archives, go in with your eyes open, expect the worse, hope for the best. Take advantage of the resources available to you (not vice-versa). It may not be a highly regarded resource, but it is a resource.

--paul;

p.s. It'd also be wise to bring along an objective trusted friend or teacher.

Follow Ups: