Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: BSO - a related note

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ED on April 30, 2002 at 15:05:09:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: BSO - a related note posted by good point on April 27, 2002 at 15:12:49:

I must have tweaked a nerve, I did not intend to offend! I was trying to come to the defence of my (beloved) BSO. Ah, but name calling and correcting my spelling is a bit hostile no? I understand everyone has a different taste when it comes to music but I will not retract my Tone Poems comment and would not think that I would have to with MUSICIANS who play the tuba. Are we all gifted enough to be second guesing the hiring practices of the BSO, not all of us. I do not see my comments being anymore off the wall than some of the others I've read, maybe worded a bit strongly but just my opinion.

I don't know who I'm dealing with, Are you MUSICIANS to be respected or are you simply tuba players who turned off their Platstations long enough to write meaningless critiques of profesionals? I obviously offened but not intentionaly, I simply stated what I believe as have each of you!

Answer me this if you will, Your favorite orchestra and favorite composer?
I would also expect that the ones I mentioned would be at the top of most lists.

BSO, Berliner and Chicago
Seiji, Karjan and Abbado
Was it my spelling or my picks? No disrespect intended, just some passion from a musician, imagine that!

Follow Ups: