Posted by Rex Roeges on April 29, 2002 at 20:40:15:
In Reply to: going to buy HB 2P from Baltimore Brass posted by changing my ways on April 29, 2002 at 20:12:47:
Ten Good Reasons that you should buy that Hirshy:
1. It's cheaper than $24K for a bass boat & trailer.
2. It will only keep you away from home for a little while at a time, instead of a week at a time (as that bass boat would).
3. It will keep you at home more because there is less reason to sit in a bar and talk about the one that got away (unless you talk about auditions in bars).
4. It will keep you at home more because you better know that you'll practice more if you shell out $10K.
5. You will be much easier to listen to playing that Hirschy than you would be playing a BBb anything (go on guys, I've got my asbestos shorts on).
6. Remember, a woman and that horn are not too different in size, so if you have to hug something that's not your wife, then an HB 2P is not a bad choice.
7. You will probably drink less, because you won't want to screw up the inside of that new horn.
8. You will probably drink less, because you can't afford to drink more.
9. If you have an ugly horn, and you get drunk, you will still want to play that ugly horn, and in the morning, you will realize that the horn is ugly. However, if you buy that beautiful Hirshy, in the morning, it will still be beautiful (even if your playing the night before was ugly).
10. A CC Tuba is always faithful, however, you can't say the same for BBb's. I have played a few BBb's that were real floozies!! (Get those flamethrowers out now!!)