York Eb tuba For Sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex Kidston on April 27, 2002 at 09:54:18:

Dear List,

I've got a re-built York Eb tuba that I've been trying to sell on E**y but to no avail so I thought that I would post it here:

York Eb tuba, Serial No. 36669 (ca.1910):
Small version of original York Eb tuba, .655” bore, 15” bell, 3 piston valves, 281/2” high. This instrument was rescued in Colorado from the walls of a restaurant where it was hung as a decorative ornament – it had been painted pink! It was partially restored when I purchased it in early 2001 (from Ebay) at which point I had the following work done by professional craftsmen in the UK: all leaks (joints, slides, etc) sealed; high pitch/low pitch loop removed, main slide put to A440 length, all slides re-done; valves re-plated, casings honed, water keys added to 1st & 3rd slide; trigger added to third valve slide. I have had two mouthpieces turned to the smaller shank on this instrument which will be included in the sale: a Denis Wick and a Perantucci 10. There is no hard case but a basic black cordura gig bag is included. This tuba has the classic sound of a York; I have been using it professionally in chamber music for the past year. It is ideal for Bydlo!

If anyone is interested, please feel free to contact me (alexkidston(AT)trilliumbq.freeserve.co.uk) - photos can be sent on request.

Alex Kidston

Follow Ups: