Re: Free Horn!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on April 18, 2002 at 21:22:53:

In Reply to: Free Horn! posted by Brenda on April 17, 2002 at 19:09:09:

This whole thread could be seen to act along some rather modern aestethic trends. At least the level of humour and entertainment value has been quite minimalistic. Especially compared to the extension of the thread.

I only once have been in the situation, that I badly needed to sell an instrument with the purpose to buy another instrument. Fortunately the parents of a student grabbed it out of my hand.

As I read this board, the on-board sales announcements that are successful, are the ones that have some inherent special value of the offered goods. Be it by rareness, be it by high and generally recognised quality. And then the price has to be fair.

A recent announcement of a huge 4 piston BBb comes to my mind in that context.

To sell some "run-of-the-mill" student level instrument, the price should be set by a sense for the market. Not by the sellers desire for some unrealistic amount of cash.

If one lives in an area with a thriving band activity, then the best outlet might be to contact the low-brass teachers working in this area. Give them a presentation cum test of the instrument and hand them a few flyers with your address and phone. Plus a realistic price tag. That should move the instrument fastly.

Klaus

(who hopes, that this thread hereby is called dead)

Follow Ups: