Re: Complain about Hirsburnner

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim C. on April 11, 2002 at 20:27:34:

In Reply to: Complain about Hirsburnner posted by Cheung Ying Hung on April 11, 2002 at 10:47:56:

Be patient, friend.

I don't think their treatment of you is reasonable, but it is exactly how I was treated.

I recently had my tuba overhauled by Hirsbrunner. They seem to have a different attitude about communication and timeliness. Many times during the process of overhaul, I would send email with questions & not receive any reply. I had the same problem with the retailer with whom I was dealing. It even got to the point where I called them every day for 10 straight business days when they were not returning my calls.

In the end, Hirsbrunner did a fabulous job - my 25 year old horn is like new now. My only complaint is that they told me they could repair it in 3 months when it actually took them 10 months.

What they do - make and repair tubas - they do very well. As for communication? There is much to be desired. So in agreement with Mark and Klaus, I would say that you should get in touch with the retailer. They should be advovcating for you, no matter who you are. Your money is just as good as the professional's money.

Good luck - and I hope that whatever horn you buy is the horn of your dreams.

Follow Ups: