Walter Nirschl Tubas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim B. on April 29, 2001 at 17:18:36:

Has anyone played Nirschl tubas (4/4 & 6/4) against Hirsbrunners (4/4 & 6/4). What were your opinions on how they stacked up next to one another. I have heard the Nirschl York copies are very, very good and the Nirschl 4/4's are not as good. Is there any truth to this? How do the Nirschl Yorks stand up against the older, handmade Yorkbrunners. Is it wise to order a Nirschl tuba direct from the factory(I don't think I'll be able to go there)? Has anyone ever gotten a 'bad' Nirschl or Hirsbrunner before (I don't mind tubas being a little out of tune, no more than 10 cents either way)? Are Nirschls so good that one can order a Nirschl york copy, wait nine months, and have a tuba that plays close(not perfectly) in tune. So sorry about all the questions but I really, really need information on this topic, it's very important. I can only make this kind of investment once, and I want to take my time and do things correctly. Much appreciation in advance for all those who take the time to read this.

Thanks, and have a good day

Tim

Follow Ups: