Re: BBb Tubas for a Middle School

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Please Read on April 21, 2001 at 15:49:05:

In Reply to: BBb Tubas for a Middle School posted by Kendall Prinz on April 20, 2001 at 14:48:03:

Kendall Prinz:

The previous threads do put out some advice.... I teach middle school tubists on a regular basis. I believe what you are looking for is an easily manipulated (held) tuba that puts out a decent sound, that will hold up to some abuse, and that when broken, will be fixed easily by Joe repairman. Also, to keep your tubists up and coming, you need a horn that is small enough for 6 graders who will be making the switch.

The tuba that I have found that covers all this is the 3 Valved 3/4 king. Also the 3/4 3 Valved Yamaha, but order extra valve guides with the horn!

If the student accels and is interested, the aforementioned horns in the previous threads will serve them well. For public school use, with the idea that more is good, (you want them to practice, one of these horns will be at home! tell mom to pick it up!!! she can!!) The idea being that each student also needs a horn at home, therefore you need more.

Scott C

Follow Ups: