Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Easter Gig Stories?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe Baker on April 17, 2001 at 18:32:07:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Easter Gig Stories? posted by Matt G on April 17, 2001 at 14:15:19:

You're right, no finger pointing here, except at 'churches' like the ones you've described. They have given the REAL Church, the broad body of followers of Jesus Christ, a black eye and a bad name. I guess I'd rather have 'churches' like this give their money to hard-working musicians than to have the Pastor buy another luxury yacht. To anyone that has experienced only this kind of 'church', I urge you to seek out and experience a REAL Church that REALLY works like the dickens to serve God and mankind. The entertainment may not be all that great, and someone may actually ask you to do something OTHER than write a check, but it is in giving that we receive.

To keep this comment 'tuba-centric', consider how crazy it makes you when people find out you play the tuba and their eyes roll, because the only tuba THEY are familiar with is 'oom-pah' marching stuff. YOU know they've never heard what a tuba CAN do, but how do you communicate it to THEM? You can only urge them to listen with an open mind, but most never will.

Joe "Churches can't serve two masters, either" Baker

Follow Ups: