Re: ITEA and a New Pardigm

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tuba Tiger on April 03, 2001 at 20:20:57:

In Reply to: ITEA and a New Pardigm posted by Visionary on April 03, 2001 at 19:08:36:

Perhaps from the bleakest, most pessimistic, and least appreciative point of view you have a point. However, I believe the founding of TUBA has done a great deal for us and our instruments. Look at all of the solos commissioned, the TUBA press, and the wealth of information in back issues of the journal. Let's face it: in the last 30 years we've come a long way and TUBA had a big part in that.

Look--Universities are "publish crazy." Can you blame folks for trying to get some press or to have an article published? You could always submit an article or even start your own column if you prefer other topics. . .

No, ITEA is not perfect (and I like the old name) but for most of us it's a hell of a resource for very little money/time investment. I think some of the other postings about dedicated people like Jerry Young are absolutely correct--these people work very hard for little in return to publish our journal and run an organization that benefits all of us. I think we owe all of those folks a big thank you.

Follow Ups: