ITEA and a New Pardigm

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Visionary on April 03, 2001 at 19:08:36:

After reading many posts, it seems to me that there are many ITEA members who are dissatified with the organization because of the direction ITEA has taken. Over the many years I have been a member of ITEA/TUBA, my pececption of the organization and its "Journal" is that it has become mostly a recriutment tool for university professors and a place for vendors/criminals to sell instruments. Have you ever wondered why there is little participation by professionals? The reason for this is that ITEA is run by a clique of academia types that most professionals do not want to deal with and find embarrassing. I have been a member of ITA and IHS and those organizations, to a lesser extent, have the same problems too. Is the leadership of ITEA truly in denial?

My proposal is this. Dissolve ITEA, ITA, IHS and ITG and create an international brass society that would have a monthly publication and an annual symposium. There would be plenty of members to fund this and it would be benificial for all brass players to be informed about professionals instead of reading a journal that is about somebody who is trying to build a lame carreer for themselvelves. Think about it.

Follow Ups: