Re: Daily Routines

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on April 15, 1999 at 15:58:45:

In Reply to: Daily Routines posted by Joseph Felton on April 15, 1999 at 10:51:13:

I think, to a certain extent, you answer your own question. If you're worried about being able to play your warmup routine better than anything else then you should have clear specific goals about how you want to improve during every practice session. I agree with Sean in that I've found that practice early in the morning seems to be the most productive for me. I've gone through periods where my warmup was 2 hours in length. Now, it is around 35 minutes. But if efficiency is what you want then you should be looking for every possible place you could combine steps. For me, doing the William Bell Daily Routine, I have a successful warmup/workout for my playing. That is to say that if I have a pressing schedule (as I have had last week and this week) and I don't have time to do any other practice other than the Bell Scales, I know I can maintain my skills indefinitely. The Bell scales is as comprehensive a routine as I've seen and using it as a warmup as well makes my practice sessions VERY efficient. Now, getting my wife to tolerate Bell Scales at 7am...

Follow Ups: