Re: excerpts

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Howard Read on April 04, 1999 at 20:17:57:

In Reply to: excerpts posted by jonathan goldsmith on April 04, 1999 at 19:35:04:

Jonathan,

I admire your courage for stating your mind. Especially on this BBS which is populated by more than a few "difficult" individuals.

After studying your post, I began to wonder what nasty experience(s) you have had with tuba players. True, there are some non-musical types out there (e.g., the hairy guys who abrade their knuckles on the ground when they walk), but those are mostly young misguided Sousaphone players. The rest of us are really rather nice guys who happen to love our horns in much the same way you love your French horn. (By the way, I have played semipro French horn for many years, and I hate French horns!) Anyway, try to lighten up just a little bit when next you hear an enthuastic tuba player trying to produce a full projected sound. (Aside from this admonition, I do respect your point about overblowing and playing too loudly. It can be unmusical and egocentric. American orchestral bass trombonists are the worst at this.)

Follow Ups: