Re: Re: Q&A for me in my weight los experiment

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt G on September 29, 2003 at 14:23:36:

In Reply to: Re: Q&A for me in my weight los experiment posted by one of them on September 29, 2003 at 14:05:10:

I have to agree. I weighed 330 at 6'2". I currently weigh 270. And those carnies would guess around 230 for me. I decided to hit the excercise bike and lift a lot of weights. Here are the benefits from my perspective:

It is easier to breath in and out, mainly because there is less "stuff" in the way.

You body will need less oxygen to function, so you can hold notes and your breath a little longer.

By increasing strength to the point of being able to bench press your full body weight, on freeweights and being able to squat your full body weight with free weights, the tuba becomes a bit less cumbersome.

If you keep up with cardio, you won't have to cool down from the 5 min walk with the tuba to start warming up.

The most important thing about a weight problem is to do something about it. Mr. Allen looks fairly young still and should help to prevent a myriad of health problems down the road. When I couldn't bend over to pick stuff up and all the other problems with being 330 lbs, I couldn't handle it anymore. I applaud Mr. Allen for having the courage to move forward. However, I would still recommend entertaining a very healthy life style from here on out.

The plan I have been sticking to (linked) doesnt't take up a lot of time. In fact it is less than three hours a week, combined with healty eating practices.

As far as playing goes, I think the rise in metabolism will help your focus, allowing the player to make more of their time. Maybe if you are taking creatine, it might help practice sessions like it can work out sessions, but I haven't noticed anything in my use of creatine suppliments.

The biggest obsticle is to put your health very high up on the priority list. With the way society expects people to work and commit their time, this can be very hard to accomplish, but very much worth it.

Best of luck Mr. Allen.

Matt G

Follow Ups: