My very short concert season

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Keith C. on September 23, 2003 at 18:37:54:

This was the summer that I devoted a lot more time to improving my tone, range and articulation. Even got a new mpc. I worked on scales, high notes and tounging. I was determine to be more than ready for my cmommunity orchestra's fall concert season. Last year I struggled with some of the material. Not this year. I'm ready! I'm pumped!

So...

Image my surprise when I show up at the first rehersal to find a single piece of music on my stand. A total of 14 half notes (I counted them) for the November concert.

It seems that by a strange quirk of programing, only one of the pieces chosen for the fall concert had a tuba part. But of course, no one had any idea how much there was for the tuba play.

Both the orchestra President and the conductor appologized for the lack of music. They suggested that I can return for the dress rehersal...to play my 14 notes. I told them to give me a call when they have programed the next concert.

Guess I will have to find another group that wants a tuba player...who's pumped!

Follow Ups: