Carillon Brass Recording -- great!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve Inman on September 23, 2003 at 00:04:53:

As recommended on this list, I recently purchased "Salvation is Created" (SALVATION IS CREATED-BRASS QUINTET TSCHESNOKOFF, P/arr_WHALEY, V Solo & Ensemble BRASS ....Grade-4). This piece is beautiful to listen to, and fairly easy to play, although it does spend a little time in the upper registers for multiple instruments in the quintet. The piece is available at JW Pepper for $20. Search for "salvation is created quintet". My quintet all quite enjoyed adding this piece to the folder. BONUS: the music arrived at my house with a free Carillon Brass Christmas CD attached. (Great marketing!)

Now, a little more info on the tubist with this group, and a question:

From the website found at the link below: "John Tabeling, tuba, plays with the orchestras of the Cleveland Opera and Ballet, as well as the Dayton Philharmonic Concert Band. Also a frequent performer with the Dayton Philharmonic Orchestra and Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra, John enjoys building and working on brass instruments and teaches at the Cedarville University, Central State University and the University of Dayton."

Now the question: Does anyone know what tuba John Tabeling played when recording "Salvation is Created" with Carillon Brass? He does a great job, and seems to go for providing more of a foundation than being content with blending in with the other quintet voices. What tuba does he use with the Carillon Brass (or at least on the recording)?

Thanks,

Steve Inman
Kokomo, IN

Follow Ups: