Re: A Poll: What is on your stand right now?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on September 22, 2003 at 12:33:30:

In Reply to: A Poll: What is on your stand right now? posted by Wade on September 21, 2003 at 15:17:55:

Lessee... A book of urtext Frescobaldi canzonas for "bass instrument"...Arban's for trombone (to impress friends who visit)...plus the usual solo literature that I can't play, including Broughton, Gregson, Vaughan Williams, Hindemith, Air and Bourree, and a couple of the Marcello sonatas.

Then there are the orchestra parts that I'm always fiddling with just for fun: Pictures, Vaughan Williams's London Symphony (which has a great tuba part), and Shostakovich at the moment.

On the other stand, I have my band folder and my quintet book. The band folder has Night on Bald Mountain (the kick-butt Hindsley arrangement), an extremely challenging transcription of the March to the Scaffold movement of Symphony Fantastique, and three or four other tunes that would be scaring the pants off me were it not for those first two. That stand has the metronome for the stretch in the Berlioz that needs to go 92 or 96, but that mocks me when I attempt faster than about 72 on that killer string-bass lick. The quintet book is gathering dust by comparison.

Rick "who wishes he could play any of it" Denney

Follow Ups: