Re: Re: Re: Re: Consider This.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gus Pratt on September 22, 2003 at 11:59:51:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Consider This. posted by anonymous on September 22, 2003 at 07:12:44:

You totally misinterpeted my reponse. In no way was I being spiteful. And in no way was I trying to direct my response directly at you. What I was trying to do was clarify what the original poster meant and what he wanted us to discuss. I believe the original poster was trying to say is if a person is talented enough to make it in the music world then they have access to scholarship. However I do not believe that the original poster was referring to people who have talent and make choices that limit the availability to funds, in exchange for a better education. There are plenty of good players who pay for their own education. But it is not because the funds could not be available to them but that they have chosen somewhere along the line to pay there own was in exchange for a better education. Indeed to get a free ride you would have had to sacrifice part of the quality of your education, and it may have taken longer, and you may not come out as good a player; but because of your talent level the money could've been available. At some particular time you had to make a choice. You had to say to yourself, do I want to march so I can get more scholarship money, and you had to either choose to march or choose to not march. The school would've let you march and given you money to march. You felt that it would hinder you education so you chose not to march. There is a big difference being a person who has the opportunity to get the funds and declines as in your case, and someone who doesn't even have the talent to have that option. The original person was referring to these latter people.

Just as a side note, on internet posts or emails it is always difficult to determine a persons tone. Written communication is always difficult to interpet and messages will always get misinterpeted. I apologize if my comments came off as spiteful, that definitely was not the intent.

Follow Ups: