Re: Tuba playing in church

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick F. on October 01, 2002 at 09:03:54:

In Reply to: Tuba playing in church posted by Chris on September 30, 2002 at 22:04:16:

Although I don't play tuba in church, I do play euphonium in our church about once per month. A good resource I found is "Churchinstrumentalist.com" (all one word). Once you enter the site you have to enter something to search for. I click on 'comprehensive' search button below the main search, then select the instrumentation I'm looking for (solo ensemble, praise band, etc) and then enter some word in the search area. With nothing entered - you get nothing. I enter the word *the* if I'm not looking for a particular piece and it will yield quite a few results.

I've purchased a few solo arrangements from them, "Beneath the Cross of Jesus", "Jesus Paid it All" and "Gesu Bambino" comes to mind. A few arrangements have sound files you can click on to hear how they sound. But the sound file may not be with the instrument your buying the arrangement for. Like "Beneath the Cross...", the sound file is played with Oboe not baritone.

Hope this helps.

Rick Floyd

Follow Ups: