Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: new King 2341 owners - recommend a bag

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kenneth Sloan on September 26, 2002 at 23:03:55:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: new King 2341 owners - recommend a bag posted by Lew on September 26, 2002 at 14:20:10:

new, new King...don't have one, yet - but I've played one (at Dillon's).

Many small changes - all of which make the 2341 look a bit more like the Conn 5X.

Big finger buttons - detachable valve section - detachable leadpipe (which is, by necessity, also lifted off the bell). As far as I could tell, all of the changes are in the leadpipe and valve section.

I first saw one at Dillon's in early August. In my opinion it was head and shoulders better than the other two (older new 2341s). When I visited again in late August, the new, new one was gone...sold.

Now...the differences were noticable, but small - and well within the normal sampl-to=sample variation. So, it may be a coincidence that the new, new style 2341 was the one I liked best. But...the old finger buttons had been on my list of "things I didn't care for" and I'm RealGlad that the newer ones will have the larger buttons. It's also my (strictly amateur) opinion that the old style new 2341's were built as a "band-room" horn, while the new style new 2341's look and feel more like a "personal" instrument. Since that's what *I'm* looking for, it's all good from my point of view.

Your Milage May Vary.

Follow Ups: